Bill Coletti is an impressive leader in the space of crisis management, with more than 25 years of global experience managing high-stakes crises for both Fortune 500 companies and winning global political campaigns. You might think that a crisis for a Fortune 500 company differs from a crisis for a solo or small law firm and certainly, there are differences – but a crisis is still a crisis. Bill has a wealth of knowledge in this business area that lawyers need, but don’t always know that they need.
In this episode we discuss:
- Managing your business reputation during times of crisis.
- Being a generalist versus a specialist and the importance of networking to know other specialists to delegate to.
- The definition of a crisis.
- Owning your brand versus owning your reputation.
- What mindsets make good leaders in a crisis.
- Types of risk and the new emerging Social Risk.
- The importance of a clear chain of command in a crisis situation.
- How preparation is key to speedy and effective crisis response.
- How you need to be always communicating.